When you first start a diet, you may lose weight. But soon you start to gain weight.
why does this happen? Why don’t diets work? Here’s are a few reasons:
- Diets don’t change the way you eat. You must learn new ways to eat healthy if you want to keep the weight off.
- Diets do not keep you physically active. Weight loss is a balance of cutting calories and increasing exercise.
- Diets make you hungry, since you are eating less, and sometimes your body doesn’t get the nutrition it needs. When you are on a diet, you may skip meals. Skipping meals is not a healthy way to lose weight.
- Diets don’t last forever! Keeping weight off lasts a lifetime.
- Diets don’t teach you why you eat. Sometimes you eat because you feel sad, angry or stressed. You must learn healthy ways to express your feelings other than eating.
- Diets are hard to keep for very long. Again, keeping your body at a healthy weight last for the rest of your life.
- Dieting may work for a short period of time. To stay at a healthy weight you must eat healthy and exercise.