Eat more fresh foods like these:
- Bananas, oranges, limes, apples, pineapples, peaches, pears, cantaloupe, melons, kiwi, blueberries, strawberries, papayas and mangoes.
- Green beans, carrots, greens, broccoli, cucumbers, red peppers, cauliflower, avacado, mushrooms, onions, spinach, tomatoes, cabbage and pumpkin.
- Red, black, pinto, soy and mung beans; green peas, lentils, black-eyed peas, and lima beans.
Low-fat beef. These are lean or lower-fat meats:
- Lean ground beef, round-eye steak, sirloin steak, and flank steak. Low-fat poultry.
- Grilled-chicken breast and baked turkey. Try ground turkey breast instead of ground beef in tacos, spaghetti, or chili. Fish with healthy fat.
- Salmon, tuna, trout, sardines, and red snapper.
Nuts and seeds. Have a small handful of these every day:
- Walnuts, almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, and peanuts. Try toasted, unsalted nuts.
- Whole oats, brown rice, whole wheat, and barley.
Low-fat dairy products.
- Low-fat cow???s milk, soy, rice, or almond milk; low-fat yogurt; low-fat cheese, such as part-skim mozzarella. Fresh foods give you energy and build a healthy body!